Monday 15 July 2013

The Silver Lining to Getting Old

Phil, Tim and I ran the Dawn at the Don 5k in Sunnybrook Park yesterday.  It wasn't sizzling hot at the 8:00am start, but the sun was very strong and I couldn't keep the decent pace I started with.  No PR for me, but I did have a first -- I placed!  Woot!  3rd in my age group.  Woot!  And Phil won his category by a very wide margin.

Gotta like getting old and running small races.  I'd do this one again too.  It's the only time I've run this venue that the narrow paths weren't horribly overcrowded.   They had an 8k option too, but 5k was plenty.

Next stop is Erica's Wish in Mississauga in August.  We were planning to run the Toronto International 10 miler/5k (formerly the Acura), but it was cancelled this year due to construction.  I've done Erica's Wish twice and seem to remember a cupcake table... 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the AG placement, awesome result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Glad to have stumbled upon your blog! I was wondering if you feature guest postings. Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete